Recipe: Calming Dog Treats for Christmas
Christmas is a lovely time to get together as a family, however holiday festivities can also sometimes be stressful for our loved ones, including our dogs.
These calming treats from our Ambassador Dee Dee taste amazing and include our Organic Calming Topper, a blend of organic herbs, spices and botanicals to soothe anxious dogs.
Calming dog biscuit recipe
A delight for canine taste buds, this homemade recipe promotes natural relaxation for your pet, without any unhealthy additives.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 200g turkey mince
- 1 small apple grated (about 100g)
- 1 medium carrot grated (about 100g)
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Verm-X Organic Calming Topper
Calming dog biscuit recipe for anxiety
- Dried cranberries
- Natural yoghurt
- Coconut oil
Homemade calming treats for dogs
Now that you've got all your ingredients, it's time to put on your apron and create some holiday magic for your four-legged friend.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl thoroughly (we got our hands* involved to really meld it all together).
- Roll out the mixture on a clean surface with a rolling pin - or use your hands to squash it down - until it's about about 1cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut your biscuits and place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Cook your biscuits at 180 degrees in a pre heated oven for about 20 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Leave to cool and decorate.
NB: You can also roll the mixture and make calming treat balls with this recipe.
For the decorations:
We mixed 1 tbsp coconut oil with 1 cup of natural yoghurt for the icing and added dried cranberries to top the cookies.
You can store these in the fridge for a few days or freeze to give as an occasional treat.
*Remember to wash your hands and surfaces thoroughly when touching raw meat.
Other recipes from Dee Dee
- Liver Cake for Dogs
- Festive Doggy Mince Pies
- Healthy Pupsicles for Dogs
- Bone Broth for Dogs with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Grain-Free Liver Cake
- Pumpkin Pupsicles
- Fermented Vegetables for Dogs
Thank you so much to Alex and Dee Dee for another tasty recipe; you can follow them on Instagram for more recipes and Foodie Friday posts.
If you have any recipes you'd like to share with us, please contact us and we'd be happy to share them.