Recipe: Liver Cake for Dogs
Our wonderful Ambassador Dee Dee has been back in the kitchen taste-testing some more delicious and economical recipes for your dogs.
Homemade liver cake for dogs
Liver cake is a cost-effective way to make delicious high-value treats at home, and Alex (Dee Dee's lovely owner / personal chef) has included our new Verm-X Organic Dog Food Topper: Calming Blend, making them the perfect bedtime treat for your pets.
Is liver cake good for dogs?
Liver cake is a popular recipe for dogs and is often used as a training aid.
While liver can be a nutritious addition to a dog's diet in small quantities, it is important to remember that liver cake should be given as an occasional treat and not as a staple food.
Grain-free liver cake for dogs recipe
- 300g liver
- 150g grated sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of your choice of Organic Verm-X Food Topper – we used the Calming Blend
- 2 minced garlic cloves (optional) - find out more about giving dogs garlic)
- Cake tin
- Food parchment
- Food processor / blender
Homemade liver dog treats recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Line cake tin and pour ingredients into tin.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool and then cut into cubes.
Portion up and freeze and defrost to use when you wish.
Where can I buy liver cake for dogs?
If baking liver cake isn't for you, you can buy it pre-made or you can get a handy baking mix from The Dog Chef.
Other recipes from Dee Dee
Thank you so much to Alex and Dee Dee for another incredible recipe; you can follow them on Instagram for more recipes and Foodie Friday posts.
If you have any recipes you'd like to share with us, please contact us and we'd be happy to share them.